The Town Clock of Chania

Back to Gallery

The Town Clock of Chania is located on the north-east side of the Public Garden, at the corner of A. Papandreou (former “Republic”) & Char. Ploumidakis. Its construction began in 1924 and ended in 1927. The designs of the clock made ​​by the engineer KOLLAROS. At the same corner of the garden, next to the clock, there is outdoor cinema which opened in this position in 1905.
Το Ρολόι της Πόλης των Χανίων βρίσκεται στη βόρειο-ανατολική πλευρά του Δημοτικού Κήπου, στην γωνία των οδών Α. Παπανδρέου (πρώην “Δημοκρατίας” ) & Χαρ. Πλουμιδάκη. Άρχισε να χτίζεται το 1924 και τέλειωσε το 1927. Τα σχέδια του ρολογιού έγιναν από το μηχανικό Δ. Κολλάρο. Στην ίδια γωνιά του Κήπου παραπλεύρως του ρολογιού υπάρχει θερινός κινηματογράφος ο οποίος πρωτολειτούργησε στη θέση αυτή το 1905.

 

Nikos Basias background image